OpenVista Clinical Flowsheets
OpenVista® Clinical Flowsheets are designed to make finding clinical information as efficient as possible. An important quality improvement tool, flowsheets facilitate clear, complete and accurate documentation that contributes to the evaluation of the patient’s progress toward desired outcomes, and provide written evidence of the level of care provided. They also enable nurses to identify and address areas that need improvement.
Clinical Flowsheets benefits
The OpenVista Clinical Flowsheet lists all services or measures relevant to the patient’s stay or appointment, displaying the information in spreadsheet style. Flexible features make it possible to create an optimal view based on end-user needs and preferences. Previously entered patient data prepopulates the flowsheet. A navigator bar displays medical event types that serve as an electronic index for the main flowsheet and sub-flowsheets.
Healthcare providers need ongoing access to patient information to provide safe, effective care and treatment, and facilities who use flowsheets for documentation gain an important and fundamental communications tool that offers an important view into the level and effect of the care provided, the continuity of care, and the patient's perspectives on his or her health and well-being.
Effective documentation helps nurses and other care providers communicate about the care provided, and aids patients in making future care decisions. Complete documentation also enables care providers to use current and consistent data, problem statements, diagnoses, goals and strategies to facilitate continuity of care.
The Clinical Flowsheet demonstrates nursing accountability and gives nurses credit for their professional practice. It can be used to help determine responsibility and resolve questions or concerns about the provision of care; it can also be a valuable resource in the event of a malpractice claim, coroner’s inquest, employee discipline hearing or other legal proceeding where thorough documentation is required.
Clinical Flowsheets features
OpenVista Clinical Flowsheets:
- Consolidate pertinent clinical information (i.e., lab results, assessments, vitals, intake/output, etc.) into a time-oriented, user-customizable view
- Allow for direct entry of patient information, which populates all pertinent areas of the patient chart, eliminating duplicate documentation
- Display a multidisciplinary work list that helps alert the nurse, the respiratory therapist, case manager, and other staff to clinical tasks that need to be completed
- Enable clinicians to retrieve pertinent patient data and view a graphical trend analysis of selected data points over time, thus allowing them to compare and evaluate interventions and clinical responses
- Import and validate information from bedside monitors using Health Level 7 (HL7) connectivity
The Intake/Output function:
- Enables users to electronically document all patient intake and output
- Supports documentation of IV intake via single or multi-lumen catheters
- Contains the multiple protocols associated with intravenous therapy
- Both graphics are interactive.
- A clinician can click on the body graphic and receive a dialog box displaying five columns and values to choose from.
- OpenVista CareVue stores and displays the
relative value as the response.
When the end-user hovers over
the cell, they can see the value
and the description:
- Sensory Perception