Medsphere's clinically oriented OpenVista® Laboratory application enables clinicians to remotely access pertinent and timely laboratory information in a secure fashion to review data, respond to alerts and order additional tests using OpenVista. OpenVista also automatically receives lab results through third-party applications associated with multiple laboratory instruments and external laboratories. And thanks to OpenVista’s natively integrated design, which ensures that OpenVista Laboratory is fully integrated with all related OpenVista applications, these lab results are instantly available across the healthcare enterprise once they are verified by appropriate laboratory personnel,
OpenVista Laboratory supports a full range of lab functions, including:
- General laboratory
- Anatomic & Surgical Pathology
- Electron Microscopy
- Enhanced clinical performance. OpenVista Laboratory allows clinicians to rapidly and easily access test results, enabling more efficient clinical rounds, morning reports, conferences and educational seminars.
- Streamlined workflow. Comprehensive and automated reporting capabilities, specimen tracking, and interfaces with instruments and reference labs, prevent duplicate input and unnecessary tasks.
- Increased efficiency. The timely receipt of lab results and automated reporting for regulatory compliance eliminate the time traditionally spent working with paper-based systems.
- Improved security. User access controls and audit trails permit staff to delimit users and track usage over any given period.
- Reduced costs. Eliminating duplicate orders saves money and time, and increases patient satisfaction.
- Integrates with the OpenVista CareVue to facilitate key functions:
- Ordering, results reporting and viewing of laboratory tests
- Supporting bar code printing of collection lists and labels
- Determining maximum order frequency, e.g., daily or user-defined limits
- Entering immediate requests for blood specimen collection
- Customizing user menus
- Enables efficient processing by providing relevant information and functionality:
- Organizing instrument-specific work lists by urgency and accession number
- Verifying data lists
- Exchanging data with foreign systems, reference labs, and lab instruments through unidirectional and bidirectional interfaces, Health Level 7 (HL7), the Laboratory Electronic Data Interchange (LEDI) Module and Data Innovations
- Auto-faxing of verified results
- Creating incomplete workload/data reports
- Customizing reference range, therapeutic range and critical values by age and/or sex
- Supports verification and release of data through various methodologies:
- Providing for delta checks
- Flagging of high, low and critical results
- Highlighting critical values to the technologist
- Supporting review and verification by group or individual accessions
- Displaying various on-screen alerts
- Receiving automated electronic result messages via LEDI
- Extracts a variety of information for external reporting:
- Laboratory workload data
- Patient care encounter workload data
- Emerging pathogen clinical data
- Antimicrobial trend, infection control and health department report data
- Optimizes operations by compiling and producing valuable laboratory reports:
- Supervisory management, audit trail, data integrity and utilization review reports
- Specific antibiotic with defined antimicrobial pattern reports
- Discharge summaries and cumulative and discrete episode reports
- Critical and high/low value search capabilities
- Facility-customized, inpatient/outpatient cumulative and related lab-management reports