The cloud systems engineer provides support for Medsphere's OpenVista Cloud product, as well as Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based deployments in general. This includes but is not limited to systems administration for Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) based instances; developing automation tools and monitoring system plugins, processes, documentation and configuration; participating in the ongoing product design process and providing general product user support. The successful candidate will participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux system administration (RHEL/CentOS preferred): configuration, general systems troubleshooting, maintenance (including patches and updates), resource monitoring, performance tuning, system security/hardening, software deployment, device configuration, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Windows systems administration, including but not limited to installation and configuration, troubleshooting, anti-virus/firewalls/remote management, remote support, OS updates, security, Remote Desktop Services administration, DNS/DHCP, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Amazon Web Services administration, including automation: EC2, VPC, S3, Storage Gateway and CLI tools
- Familiarity with Apache, Java-based application servers (Glassfish, Jetty, etc.), MySQL
- Scripting experience: BASH, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc.; software development (C, C#, .Net, Java) experience a plus
- Familiarity with Active Directory administration (AD U&C, group policy management, object organization, etc.)
- More than 3years of experience with basic network administration; a working understanding of the TCP/IP suite and operational knowledge of firewall and VPN configuration, management, and usage
- Experience configuring and using monitoring tools: Nagios, Munin, Cacti, SNMP, etc.
- Experience with deployment/configuration tools: Salt, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Administration experience with InterSystems Cache/Ensemble and/or FIS GT.M
- Strong familiarity with backup tools & methodologies
- Experience building/maintaining software packages in MSI and RPM format
- Experience with LDAP authentication systems
- VMWare ESXi/vSphere
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
This position can be remote or in one of our Salt Lake City, Carlsbad, CA, or San Francisco offices. To apply for an open Medsphere position, please click on Medsphere Jobs to email your resume.