Government Services Division (GSD)
Providing healthcare transformation through IT innovation
Medsphere’s Government Services Division (GSD) specializes in providing healthcare IT and open-technology solutions that best serve the requirements of our federal clients. With extensive expertise in legacy VistA and Vista-derived components, as well as the technologies used to modernize these components, GSD offers superior integration of open-source and commercial software with VistA, the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) and OpenVista.
- Expertise: Our expertise comes from hundreds of task orders and work orders awarded in support of federal agencies, including the Indian Health Service (IHS), Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Best Practice Management: Medsphere GSD management principles are derived from the most current development environment methodologies, including the Project Management Accountability System (PMAS), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and the Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology. Medsphere staff are experienced with IHS and VA processes, tools and methodologies, including Serena, TeamTrack, Rational, PMAS, ProPath, Test Complete and Agile QA and development.
- Security: Medsphere GSD has consistently met all necessary IHS and VHA security requirements for working within these agencies’ respective firewalls.
- Credentials and Certifications: Our qualified services team delivers the appropriate solution for clearly identified client needs and includes a wide variety of highly trained and skilled contributors:
- MUMPS programmers
- Doctors of pharmacy
- Registered nurses and other clinicians
- Clinical applications coordinators
- Graphical user interface and middle tier developers
- Quality control and assurance managers
- Test engineers
- HL7 engineers
- Documentation and training specialists
- Implementation specialists
- Help desk support technicians
Medsphere GSD professionals are certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs), ITIL v3s, and Six Sigma Black Belts.