Medsphere's clinically oriented OpenVista® Laboratory application enables clinicians to remotely and securely review data, respond to alerts and order additional tests using OpenVista. OpenVista also automatically receives lab results through third-party applications associated with multiple laboratory instruments and external laboratories. And thanks to OpenVista’s natively integrated design, which ensures that OpenVista Laboratory is fully integrated with all related OpenVista applications, these lab results are instantly available across the healthcare enterprise once they are verified by appropriate laboratory personnel. OpenVista Laboratory supports a full range of lab functions:
- General laboratory
- Anatomic & Surgical Pathology
- Electron Microscopy
- Enhanced clinical performance. OpenVista Laboratory allows clinicians to rapidly and easily access test results, enabling more efficient clinical rounds, morning reports, conferences and educational seminars.
- Streamlined workflow. Comprehensive and automated reporting capabilities, specimen tracking, and interfaces with instruments and reference labs, prevent duplicate input and unnecessary tasks.
- Increased efficiency. The timely receipt of lab results and automated reporting for regulatory compliance eliminate the time traditionally spent working with paper-based systems.
- Improved security. User access controls and audit trails permit staff to delimit users and track usage over any given period.
- Reduced costs. Eliminating duplicate orders saves money and time, and increases patient satisfaction.
The Laboratory application integrates with OpenVista CareVue to facilitate key functions:
- Order, report results and view laboratory tests
- Print barcodes for collection lists and labels
- Determine maximum order frequency, e.g., daily or user-defined limits
- Enter immediate requests for blood specimen collection
- Organize instrument-specific work lists by urgency and accession number
- Verify data lists
- Exchange data with foreign systems, reference labs and lab instruments through unidirectional and bidirectional interfaces, HL7, the LEDI module and Data Innovations interface engine
- Auto-fax verified results
- Create incomplete workload/data reports
- Customize reference range, therapeutic range and critical values by age and/or sex
- Support verification and release of data through various methodologies
- Provide for delta checks
- Flag high, low and critical results
- Highlight critical values to the technologist
- Support review and verification by group or individual accessions
- Display various on-screen alerts
- Receive automated electronic result messages via LEDI
- Optimize operations by compiling and producing valuable laboratory reports