The OpenVista Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) application automates many clinical nutrition, food management and reporting functions. With OpenVista NFS, healthcare organizations can more efficiently perform many key nutrition and food service functions:
- Screen and assess nutritional status
- Prescribe diet orders and enteral feeding regimens
- Enter and track patient food preferences and between-meal nourishments
- Analyze nutrient value of meals
- Report on consults
- Track encounters
- Monitor quality of care
OpenVista NFS is fully integrated with OpenVista CareVue, ensuring a 24 x 7 real-time diet census.
Benefits of OpenVista NFS
- Increased Efficiency. Automated functions—diet and enteral feeding order entry, food preferences and snacks, diet pattern development, management reporting—improve the efficiency of individual and organizational workflows.
- Improved Patient Care. Customized nutrition status levels; follow-up threshold times; meal, menu and recipe nutrient analysis; and automated enteral feeding calculations all contribute to more comprehensive patient care.
- Expanded Patient Safety. Allergy tracking using diet cards and potential food/drug interaction reports keep the patient from receiving harmful foods or food/drug combinations.
- Reduced Costs. Standardized diet orders and enteral feeding formularies greatly reduce food waste and contribute to revenue enhancement.
- Greater Patient Satisfaction. Real-time food preference updates, improved menu accuracy and customized meals for birthdays and holidays help create a positive patient experience.
- Enhanced Communications. Standardized menus and immediate diet, food preference, and snack order retrieval coordinate the activities of clinical nutrition and food service personnel.
- Improved Forecasting. Standardized menus and automated inventory tracking enable efficient ordering and minimize food waste.