OpenVista Pharmacy works in tandem with the Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) and Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA) applications to facilitate a closed-loop medication management process. OpenVista Pharmacy creates a triple-check safety process that eliminate(s) the potential for a medication error.
Fully integrated with OpenVista CareVue, OpenVista Pharmacy enhances patient safety by ensuring the availability of always-current and accurate medication information, dramatically reducing potential errors across the entire medication management process. With a proven track record in facilities inside and outside the VA healthcare system, this solution supports the comprehensive, best-practice medication management requirements of a modern healthcare enterprise.
An essential complement to OpenVista Pharmacy's robust feature set is OpenVista BCMA. Natively integrated with the full OpenVista EHR, including both Pharmacy and CareVue, BCMA improves medication administration accuracy and increases documentation efficiency. Two-way electronic communication between the prescriber (clinician) and pharmacy staff virtually eliminates transcription errors.
Pharmacy Pricing Engine
The OpenVista Pricing Engine supports enhanced medication charge calculation and billing management. Through the use of intelligent rules for calculation and medication prices, it gives pharmacy departments increased revenue opportunities and more accurate and timely cost control. Designed for complexities of inpatient medication reimbursement, the system features a wholesaler data upload of current medication costs; these are immediately and automatically passed on to the payer.
The Pricing Engine also allows pharmacy management to define medication pricing rules via accurate, timely drug pricing data, and it provides billing with correct, current CMS data and calculations, thus fewer rejections.
OpenVista Pharmacy Benefits
- Better processes. OpenVista Pharmacy offers seamless integration across a closed-loop medication workflow.
- Improved patient safety. Through BCMA, OpenVista Pharmacy provides a consistent real-time, point-of-care solution that supports the five rights of medication administration. Transcription errors disappear when physicians order medications directly in CareVue.
- Efficient communications. Integrated pharmacy patient medication profiles improve medication order processing and clinical review.
OpenVista Pharmacy Features
- Direct, instant communication among clinician, pharmacist and nurse
- Inpatient pharmacy unit dose and IV functions
- Outpatient pharmacy prescription functions
- Pharmacy interventions and adverse reaction tracking
- Order review clinical checks (allergy, drug interaction, duplication, dose)
- Controlled substances functionality
- Perpetual inventory functionality
- Drug information for patients and clinicians
- Drug-specific laboratory monitoring alerts
- Home medication list
- Order flags that alert clinicians and nurses at the point of care
- Library of standard reports
- Multi-facility, multi-clinic support
- Integrates inpatient/outpatient medication records across encounters
- Incorporated medication reconciliation support with action profiles