The successful Clinical Compliance Specialist (CCS) will be part of the legal team and ensure alignment of the company’s software development efforts and regulatory requirements affecting healthcare customers. The CCS monitors federal CMS and ONCHIT regulations, as well as other applicable federal and state regulatory requirements, as they relate to the features and capabilities of Medsphere software and customers’ compliance and reporting needs. The position is responsible for helping both internal and external customers understand the impact of federal and state regulations on product development, as well as the use of certified healthcare (including EHR) technology.
As a Clinical Compliance Specialist at Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Monitor changes to federal and state regulations that affect healthcare IT (including EHR) compliance, recordkeeping, interoperability, testing, reporting and certification requirements
- Develop internal and external materials to document evolving healthcare IT compliance requirements and to communicate the company’s compliance focus and leadership
- Work with legal, product management and development teams to identify functional gaps and define software enhancements necessary to achieve and maintain required certifications
- Develop certification test plans, lead all internal certification testing, submit ongoing compliance reports to Authorized Test Labs (ATLs)
- Act as compliance project manager to drive compliance certification, internal governance, accountability, and reporting
- Work with internal legal, security and IT teams on evolving privacy and security compliance requirements affecting company software products and services
- Work with customers to drive use of company products to achieve compliance objectives, including Promoting Interoperability (PI) and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) standards
- Participate in relevant industry associations and standards groups, and remain familiar with leading third-party vendors to assist in company compliance processes
Ideal Background and Expertise
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and expertise in healthcare IT compliance, ideally across a range of inpatient, behavioral health and ambulatory environments
- Comfortable working across teams, products, and functions to drive company-wide compliance
- Excellent project management and communication, reporting and accountability skills
- Experience with hospital Core Measures charting and reporting
- Familiarity with healthcare product testing and certification as part of a product development team or an accredited testing body
- Experience in documentation, reporting and data submission for EH/CAH Promoting Interoperability and Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting programs
Desired Background and Experience
- HCCA or other healthcare compliance training certification
- PMP or other project management certification
- Experience with behavioral health Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR) including Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) measures
- Experience as a software product manager
- Clinical informatics background
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible time-off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and other benefits
- The benefit of working in a small company where your work really matters!
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This position is remote.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.