We are seeking an experienced product manager candidate with a strong clinical background. As a product manager, you will be responsible to insure that the concerns of clinical users are considered at every stage of product development. The successful candidate will work closely with developers, QA, and senior managers to drive new features and fixes through the development process. Together with other product managers, the clinical product manager will define the product roadmap, considering inputs from customers, sales, customer care, development, industry trends, and regulations.
Your ability to gain credibility and develop good relationships with customers is key to understanding the challenges CareVue users face and validating product decisions. As product manager, you can play a key role in making CareVue an EHR people want to use even when they have to, as well as an economically sustainable and more effective alternative to traditional EHRs.
- Research and document challenges and opportunities for existing and future customers.
- Define user stories, use scenarios and product requirements based on customer input and feedback, and on regulatory and certification requirements.
- Prioritize product fixes and enhancements based on input from customer care, customers, sales, developers, and senior management.
- Work with developers and QA engineers to produce and test new features and fixes.
- Become a product expert and subject matter expert on one or more areas of CareVue.
- Manage the design validation process, ensuring that key customer-driven design requirements are satisfied.
- Work closely with Customer Care to monitor customer satisfaction and initiate improvements.
- Identify and review different clinical workflow approaches and objectively evaluate best practices worthy of inclusion in the product.
- Act as content expert in the development of product marketing materials and response to pre-sale questions.
- Represent the product team to communicate product direction internally and externally, resolve issues, and manage customer expectations.
- Represent CareVue as a product expert in customer interactions and at industry events.
- Plan, schedule and review documentation and education materials for new applications and product releases.
A successful candidate will have most of the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nursing, pharmacy, or other clinical field.
- Successfully transitioned from a clinical role to a clinical software role, with two or more years’ experience in software development.
- Substantial hands-on experience developing, implementing, using or supporting EHR software for hospitals.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methods.
- Project management experience, including running software beta programs.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in sharing complex medical concepts with non-clinical staff, and sharing software concepts with clinical users.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communications skills.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for 25 percent travel.
- Proficient using, implementing or supporting VistA, CareVue, RPMS, vxVistA, WorldVista.
- Experience as a pharmacist or director of pharmacy.
- Experience as product manager for one or more EHR products.
- Expert knowledge of CEHRT certification requirements or Meaningful Use.
This position is remote and/or in one of Medsphere’s Carlsbad or San Francisco, CA, offices.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.