Medsphere’s CareVue EHR provides comprehensive clinical support in acute care and inpatient behavioral health settings, enabling better patient care and lower costs for community hospitals, inpatient behavioral health facilities and physician practices.
As a Desktop Technician, you will work under minimal supervision from the Desktop Team Leader. You will handle deployment of equipment and software. You will also perform computer related portions of planned office moves within the hospital and assist with other desktop and clinical desktop work as needed.
As a Desktop Technician at Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Perform basic PC mechanical repair tasks
- Schedule and carry out deployment of new computer related equipment and software
- Conduct computer related portions of planned office moves
- Assist as needed with regular desktop and clinical desktop work
- Maintain a good understanding of client’s computer related policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Provide thorough, accurate, and timely status updates through tickets
- Document any new computer related procedures for use in online documentation
- Attend all team and planning meetings as required
- Complete additional duties deemed appropriate and assigned by manager
Ideal Background and Expertise
- Self-motivated and able to stay on task
- Able to prioritize work effectively, remain flexible and adjust priorities where necessary
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with all levels of hospital staff and management
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PC hardware / software problems and problems with equipment (e.g., cables, terminals, keyboards, etc.); good mechanical/electrical ability
- Able to identify source of equipment malfunctions
- Capable of lifting and carrying terminals, printers, and other equipment required by the position
- Knowledge of peripheral equipment installation techniques and principles
- Understanding of basic PC mechanical repair principles
- Skilled with basic hand tools
- Skilled at questioning client to determine source of equipment malfunctions
- Able to complete paperwork required by the position
- Familiar with safety guidelines required for installation and repair
- Able to adapt to flexible work hours and varied schedules
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible time off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and all the other necessary benefits
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This position is in the McComb, MS, area.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.