Medsphere is currently seeking a Healthcare Analyst to play a key role in creating reports for Medsphere clients that analyze hospital and ambulatory clinical data using Microsoft Power BI interactive data visualization tools. These reports will serve the needs of clinical operations, quality management and population health. The successful candidate will collaborate with developers, product managers and quality assurance team members, as well as clients. The position can be remote or located in one of our office locations.
- Work closely with Medsphere product management, sales and development teams, as well as clients themselves, to understand customer needs
- Compile, organize and analyze healthcare data from electronic health records, billing data, and various public health datasets
- Develop Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources, including delimited files, relational databases and existing spreadsheets
- Design standard reports for distribution to multiple customers
- Develop methods of transforming data into actionable information through report presentation, including charts, graphs, and spreadsheets; prepare finished packages for presentation
- Minimum two (2) years of Power BI experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or clinical field
- Expert level Power BI skills, including facility with data queries, transformations, and report and dashboard creation
- Expertise with Power BI visualizations to clearly display related concepts and measures
- Familiarity with clinical data terminologies, including LOINC, SNOMED, ICD-10, RxNORM, CVX
- Expertise in writing Power Query, DAX data analysis and M formula language
- Ability to write SQL queries for data access
- Familiarity with clinical data, including demographics, vital signs, lab and imaging test results, immunizations, prescriptions, medication orders, problem lists and diagnoses
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Expert level MS Office365 skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with other EHRs and their data warehouse or reporting packages
- Previous experience with VA VistA or CareVue is a plus
This position can be remote or in any of Medsphere’s office locations.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.