Medsphere’s CareVue EHR provides comprehensive clinical support, enabling better patient care and lower costs for community hospitals, inpatient behavioral health facilities and physician practices.
As a Product Manager for the CareVue laboratory application, you will ensure that client concerns are considered at every stage of product development. You will work closely with developers, QA, and senior managers to drive new features and fixes through the development process. With other product managers you will define the CareVue product roadmap, considering inputs from customers, sales, support, development, industry trends, and regulations.
Your ability to gain credibility and develop good relationships with customers is key to understanding the challenges CareVue users face and validating product decisions. As a lab product manager, you will help us make CareVue an EHR people want to use, and an economically sustainable and more effective alternative to traditional EHRs.
As a Lab Product Manager at Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Research and document challenges and opportunities for existing and future customers
- Define user stories, use scenarios and product requirements based on your experience, customer input and feedback, and regulatory and certification requirements
- Prioritize product fixes and enhancements based on input from customer care, customers, sales, developers, and senior management
- Work with developers and QA engineers to produce and test new features and fixes
- Become a product and subject matter expert on one or more areas of CareVue
- Manage the design validation process, ensuring that key customer-driven design requirements are satisfied
- Work closely with Customer Success to monitor customer satisfaction and initiate improvements
- Identify and review different clinical workflow approaches and objectively evaluate best practices worthy of inclusion in the product
- Act as content expert in developing product marketing materials and responding to pre-sale questions
- Represent the product team and communicate product direction, issue resolution, expectations to customers and within Medsphere
- Represent CareVue as a product expert in customer interactions and industry events
- Create and review documentation and education materials for new applications and product releases
- At least 3 years of product management experience
- Served as product manager on the creation of large-scale functionality or an entire product from inception to production
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures and workflows
Ideal Background and Expertise
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 3 years of lab experience
- Substantial hands-on experience developing, implementing, using or supporting EHR software for hospitals
- Familiarity with Agile software development methods
- Project management experience, including running software beta programs
- Excellent communication skills, especially in sharing complex medical concepts with non-clinical staff and software concepts with clinical users
- Proven interpersonal, leadership and communications skills
- Highly developed customer relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Available for 20 percent travel
Additional Desired Experience
- Proficient using, implementing, or supporting VistA, OpenVista, RPMS, vxVistA, WorldVista
- Experience using an LIS in an onsite laboratory or reference lab
- Experience as a product manager for one or more EHR products
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible time-off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and all the other necessary benefits
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The position is remote.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.