Medsphere is currently seeking a Software QA Analyst with a strong background in both client-side (GUI) and server-side (text-based interface) testing. Previous experience with VistA-based EHR software is highly desirable.
- Confirm reported issues and manually test defects, updates and enhancements, ensuring software functions according to design specifications.
- Design, implement, execute, and maintain test cases based on requirements.
- Independently perform QA testing duties daily; reach out to others when additional tools, information, or other support are required.
- Document test findings in detail, including clear descriptive written content.
- Collaborate with product managers to investigate and prioritize issues, refine requirements, draft release notes, and offer input into product design where appropriate.
- Collaborate with developers to identify and demonstrate failure points, assist with unit testing, and investigate possible resolutions where appropriate.
- Work both as an individual contributor, independently performing QA testing, and collaboratively on team projects.
- Perform ongoing integration and regression testing of software.
- Actively participate in group meetings and discussions.
- Meet release deadlines and other goals on time and on target.
- Communicate clearly and precisely, both in writing and verbally.
- Be a vocal proponent for maintaining quality in every phase of the development life cycle.
- Three (3) years software QA experience, preferably with large enterprise applications for a complex domain, ideally in healthcare
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle best practices, Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in current Windows operating system environments
- Familiarity with navigating Linux environments; advanced proficiency a strong plus
- Ability to identify, categorize, and diagnose software issues in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Experience in the health care services industry. Familiarity with clinical hospital workflows in acute care and/or behavioral health environments is a very strong plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A self-starter who is comfortable working on a small team where your input matters
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area or equivalent experience
This position can be remote or in Medsphere’s Mayfield Heights (Cleveland), OH, or Chesterfield (St Louis), MO, office locations.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.