Medsphere’s IT team is currently seeking a talented candidate to join the team as the Director, Microsoft DevOps. The successful candidate will manage operations of all Azure-based products in Medsphere’s portfolio, as well as several on-premises deployments. Responsibilities include managing Azure/Microsoft DevOps teams, product operations, deployments, configuration, and upgrades; continued development of Azure-based infrastructure; interaction with peers on Support, Implementations, Development, QA, and other DevOps/IT teams.
- Oversee DevOps team managers to manage operations and product deployments
- Direct assignment of and prioritize tasks assigned to Azure DevOps team
- Continually improve infrastructure provisioning automation capabilities
- Maintain deployment, architecture, configuration, and operations documentation
- Standardize and continually improve infrastructure underlying Azure-based products
- Standardize and continually improve application/code deployment and release management processes
- Collaborate with various teams within Medsphere to improve Azure-based products
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Manage code/application deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance, education, and coaching for team managers & members on operations and related topics
- Collaborate with Development, DevOps, IT, and other teams on implementation, usage, and improvement of CI and CD tools
- Improve infrastructure and application development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with all levels of management
- 8 years of progressively more responsible management experience in DevOps/Operations of enterprise applications in cloud-based and on-premise deployments
- 6 years of experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 to 2019
- Scripting in PowerShell, Python, or similar languages
- Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware virtualization platforms
- SQL Server 2008 to current and Azure SQL Managed Instances
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and Azure Web Sites
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Development tools including Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar tools
Additional experience that will enhance the candidate’s application:
- HIPAA/HITECH compliance measures
- Oracle database deployments and administration
This position is in Medsphere’s Chesterfield, MO office.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.