The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining server, storage, and network infrastructure internally and for multiple healthcare clients. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of taking our team to the next level.
As a Systems Engineer at Phoenix Health Systems/Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Be responsible for configuration, operation, and administration of network server hardware, operating systems, and communications links
- Manage and maintain all server operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and HP-UX
- Manage multiple SAN environments, including provisioning LUNs and mapping fiber connections
- Manage and maintain multiple VMware vSphere (5/6/7) clusters, including networking and storage management
- Recommend appropriate computer tools to users, including equipment software, documentation, and training
- Analyze users needs: Recommend appropriate network configurations to meet user and departmental standards
- Assist in managing policy compliance for all affected resources
- Perform preventive and fault isolation maintenance on local and wide area networks; perform file maintenance on servers, domains, electronic post offices, and user files and/or databases
- Design, configure, maintain, and manage network security features for local and wide area networks
- Configure, monitor, and maintain anti-virus programs to ensure network and systems integrity
- Add and delete users as required on network servers and applications
- Perform customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration, and documentation on local and wide area networks
- Work with telecommunications specialists to integrate voice and data applications on local and wide area networks
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability
- Assist in requests for proposals and vendor selection
- Assist in the training of other technical support personnel to improve their technical skills
- Assist with the development of system standards
Ideal Skill, Background and Expertise
- Minimum of four years of directly relevant work; prior experience must include Windows and VMware support
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise
- Ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible time-off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and other benefits
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This position is in Richardson, TX.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.