Medsphere is looking for a passionate, analytical, and detail-oriented professional to help move our documentation and training functions into the future. The right candidate has a great opportunity to make a significant impact in a company making a difference for healthcare providers and facilities of every size and budget.
The technical writer/e-learning developer helps our customers achieve rapid and successful implementation of and post-live support for our various healthcare applications by generating effective user-facing documentation and engaging e-learning modules. The technical writer/e-learning developer should strive to elevate documentation so that it is more than just a depiction of what’s on the screen but also incorporates best practices, examples, and other value-enhancing information to promote customer and end-user adoption.
As a technical writer and e-learning developer at Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Proactively pursue an in-depth understanding of our user personas in order to create easy-to-use digital documentation (i.e., online help) and training materials that have a meaningful and measurable impact
- Work closely with members of the product team to develop in-depth knowledge of in-progress development so that quality documentation and training resources are available with corresponding product releases
- Design, build, and maintain flexible and modular digital documentation and eLearning courses for incorporation into the user’s role-specific training experience
- Ensure effective and rapid transfer of skills for our customer’s new hires by making automated, self-paced, interactive training that incorporates real system usage and relevant scenarios
- Pursue new and effective methods for delivering online documentation and e-learning courses
- Focus on simplifying the customer journey with our applications by recognizing the various stages of end-user documentation needs: Adoption by the new user; supportive, real-time reference material at the point of need; technical or administrative user needs for information about updated or new functionality
- Provide meaningful and effective feedback and editing for other documentation and e-learning developers
- Develop effective instructional aids, e.g., knowledge articles, sample content assets, diagrams, and videos
- Measure customer feedback and content engagement to improve documentation and training services
- Work closely with development and QA to understand new functionality and bug fixes; facilitate clear and professionally written release notes for complex applications and their configurations
- A unique passion for using technical documentation and e-learning to accelerate successful technology adoption
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar environment
- Superb writing skills and a great sense for style
- Demonstrated experience deploying effective learning methods
- A hands-on approach to technology
- Experience with e-learning systems and developing the course content they deliver
- A high level of professionalism.
Other Things We’d Love to See
- Experience with MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, or other HTML online help authoring tools
- Familiarity with Oracle User Productivity Kit, Ancile uPerform, or other e-learning authoring tools
- Experience in healthcare
- Basic knowledge of HTML or XML
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible time off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and all the other necessary benefits
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The position is remote.
To apply for this position, submit the form on this page.