CareVue is Comprehensive Clinical Support
CareVue is a fully-integrated system that supports all enterprise clinical services in a single database. CareVue distinguishes itself by being patient-centered and supporting the continuum of care, including inpatient and outpatient settings. The CareVue system comprises foundational applications that support clinical and nutritional services workflows of acute, ambulatory, mental health and long-term care facilities. The EHR also includes a suite of financial management applications that make CareVue the comprehensive healthcare IT system every hospital can afford.
On the clinical side, CareVue provides applications for all patient care activities and ancillary departments, tests and procedures through the following applications:
- The CareVue patient chart is a data-comprehensive access point enabling clinicians to accurately and efficiently capture clinical encounters. Providers can enter, review, and update all order-related information connected with any patient, including ordering lab tests, medications, diets, radiology tests, consults, and procedures.
- The CareVue Health Information Management System (HIMS) enables healthcare facilities to implement a paperless environment and gain operational efficiency through the use of an EHR. Critical user identification and medical record management integrates care delivery, including document management, transcription and electronic signature.
- CareVue's Laboratory application is fully integrated and provides support for general laboratory, microbiology, histology, cytology, surgical pathology, and electron microscopy. Providers can access laboratory information remotely, review data, respond to alerts and order additional studies. In addition, CareVue uses third-party applications to automatically populate results from laboratory instruments, as well as laboratory information and reference laboratory systems.
- Medsphere CareVue includes a fully integrated Pharmacy application facilitating a closed-loop medication management process. CareVue Pharmacy modules ensure the availability of an always-current, accurate and complete medication profile accessible at anytime to allow professional evaluation of treatment plans.
- CareVue Radiology is an integrated system that automates the entire range of diagnostic functions performed in imaging departments, including registration of patients for exams, order entry of requests, tracking and verification reports and the generation of management statistics and reports.
- The CareVue Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) application automates many clinical nutrition, food management, and management reporting functions. CareVue NFS is fully integrated with other CareVue modules, ensuring 24x7 real-time diet census.
- The comprehensive CareVue solution includes a suite of interfaces based on industry HL7 and ANSI standards. The suite of interfaces includes functions related to ADT, orders, results, procedures, charges, images and text. Medsphere works with the client’s technical team in delivery, testing, deploying, and supporting these standard interfaces.
- CareVue's Multi-disciplinary Treatment Plan (MDTP) enables clinicians and other care team members to electronically plan, coordinate, and document the care plan that maps the patient’s journey back to health. The MDTP module supports compliance with regulatory requirements and provides a structured process for developing, updating and documenting the plan.
- CareVue Population Health enables clinicians to create multiple panels for patients with common characteristics, i.e., age, diagnosis, community, etc. When information depth is required, clinicians can also use Population Health to see a complete view of patient conditions.