The Insight RCM Suite
Medsphere's InsightCS Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solution meets the needs of all healthcare facilities for efficient and reliable billing and patient accounting processes. Fully integrated with CareVue to ensure complete information in the patient record, InsightCS is a true end-to-end, no bolt-ons solution that is helping hospitals, behavioral healthcare providers, and integrated health networks transform their revenue cycles via reduced AR days, increased cash flow, and enhanced efficiencies.
The InsightCS financial management system is 5010 ready and enables healthcare providers to complete key financial objectives:
- Streamline the entire patient access process from scheduling to registration to discharge to billing
- Accelerate accounts receivable payment collections
- Perform real-time payer eligibility checks during scheduling and/or registration
- Integrate payer rules and enforce financial accountability
- Achieve a true Digital Financial Record (DFR)
- Reduce billing delays and denials
- Significantly improve clean claims rates
- Eliminate dependencies on and the associated costs of third party “bolt-ons”
- Get real-time information when and where it is needed
- Accurately measure organizational productivity and performance via Business Intelligence
Functionally, InsightCS is an all-inclusive suite of patient access (enterprise scheduling, patient registration, eligibility checking), patient accounting (universal billing, collections and payments, contract management), claims management, and informatics solutions. InsightCS can replace any existing HIS and add-on applications and includes the following applications:
- Revenue Cycle Management is a fully integrated solution that helps hospitals, behavioral healthcare providers, and integrated health networks transform their revenue cycles via reduced accounts receivable days, increased cash flow and enhanced efficiencies.
- The Enterprise Scheduling module features a unique drag-n-drop user interface and functions as the coordinator for patients and resources to promote effective and timely scheduling of services and procedures across the enterprise. All necessary information is shared throughout multiple locations and departments, including clinics, ancillary locations and other caregiver facilities.
- Patient Registration addresses the needs of acute care, ambulatory, emergency, specialized, rehabilitation and all related health care facilities. The system provides complete on-line, real-time ED registration, outpatient registration; and inpatient admitting, discharge, and transfer (ADT). The Master Patient Index (MPI) is a component of Insight Patient Registration and is accessible by all the applications in the Insight application suite.
- Patient Accounting provides a sophisticated, comprehensive accounting and collections system that is uniquely engineered to maintain accurate control of all financial data while allowing the flexibility to streamline user tasks. Billing information is integrated within collection processes for timely and accurate account management.
- The Collections and Payments module provides a host of tightly integrated collections and payments management capabilities, including patient interim billings, an on-line tickler file system for collectors, user-defined actions and collection steps, an online audit trail, capture and sorting of collector activities for reporting productivity and other valuable support functions.
- The Informatics application features a full array of leading edge business intelligence executive dashboards, dynamic work lists and reports that enable key decision makers at hospitals and other healthcare organizations to easily and effectively analyze and act upon crucial patient service and financial data. Insight Informatics allows users to seamlessly collect and view key statistical and trending data to make the business decisions necessary to ensure continued success.
- As needed, Microsoft Dynamics® GP suite can be bundled to provide financial management, human resources, and payroll solutions. It is a fully integrated business management solution that can significantly improve the financial and business processes of healthcare organizations.
InsightCS fully leverages superior technical architecture by embedding key functions, such as Contract Management and an enterprise-wide master patient index (MPI), resulting in a comprehensive solution set.