Similar to all leading EHRs, OpenVista is a fully-integrated system that supports all enterprise services in a single database. OpenVista distinguishes itself by being patient-centered and supporting the continuum of care, including inpatient and outpatient settings. The OpenVista system comprises 15 foundational applications that support clinical and nutritional services workflows of acute, ambulatory, mental health and long-term care facilities.
On the clinical side, OpenVista provides applications for all patient care activities and ancillary departments, tests and procedures through the following applications:
- OpenVista CareVue is a comprehensive electronic medical record (EMR) enabling clinicians to accurately and efficiently capture clinical encounters. Providers can enter, review, and update all order-related information connected with any patient, including ordering lab tests, medications, diets, radiology tests, consults, and procedures.
- The OpenVista Health Information Management System (HIMS) enables healthcare facilities to implement a paperless environment and gain operational efficiency through the use of an EHR. Critical user identification and medical record management integrates care delivery, including document management, transcription and electronic signature.
- OpenVista's Laboratory application is fully integrated with CareVue and provides support for general laboratory, microbiology, histology, cytology, surgical pathology, and electron microscopy. Providers can access laboratory information remotely, review data, respond to alerts and order additional studies. In addition, OpenVista can use third-party applications to automatically populate results from myriad laboratory instruments and foreign laboratories.
- Medsphere OpenVista includes a fully integrated Pharmacy application facilitating a closed-loop medication management process. OpenVista Pharmacy modules ensure the availability of an always-current, accurate and complete medication profile accessible at anytime to allow professional evaluation of treatment plans.
- OpenVista Radiology is an integrated system that automates the entire range of diagnostic functions performed in imaging departments, including registration of patients for exams, order entry of requests, tracking and verification reports and the generation of management statistics and reports.
- The OpenVista Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) application automates many clinical nutrition, food management, and management reporting functions. OpenVista NFS is fully integrated with OpenVista CareVue, ensuring 24x7 real-time diet census.
- The comprehensive OpenVista solution includes a suite of interfaces based on industry HL7 and ANSI standards. The suite of interfaces includes functions related to ADT, orders, results, procedures, charges, images and text. Medsphere works with the client’s technical team in delivery, testing, deploying, and supporting these standard interfaces.
- OpenVista CareVue Multi-disciplinary Treatment Plan (MDTP) enables clinicians and other care team members to electronically plan, coordinate, and document the care that will map the patient’s journey back to health. As an electronic tool, MDTP is designed to automatically comply with regulatory requirements, removing that issue from the care team’s task list. The OpenVista CareVue MDTP module focuses on individual care team members treating specific patient problems. For example, a patient may have a medical diagnosis of major depressive disorder requiring care for suicidal ideation. The care team must assess the patient’s problem and develop a plan that includes, among others, physician, nurse, social worker and therapist perspectives.
Finance and Administration
Medsphere is sensitive to requirements for efficient and reliable billing and patient accounting processes.
OpenVista Insight is an all-inclusive suite of patient access (enterprise scheduling, patient registration, eligibility checking), patient accounting (universal billing, collections and payments, contract management), claims management, and informatics solutions. OpenVista Insight can replace any existing HIS and add-on applications. The system is Meaningful Use Certified, 5010 and ICD-10 ready, and includes the following applications:
- Revenue Cycle Management is a fully integrated solution that helps hospitals, behavioral healthcare providers, and integrated health networks transform their revenue cycles via reduced accounts receivable days, increased cash flow and enhanced efficiencies.
- The Enterprise Scheduling module features a unique drag-n-drop user interface and functions as the coordinator for patients and resources to promote effective and timely scheduling of services and procedures across the enterprise. All necessary information is shared throughout multiple locations and departments, including clinics, ancillary locations and other caregiver facilities.
- Patient Registration addresses the needs of acute care, ambulatory, emergency, specialized, rehabilitation and all related health care facilities. The system provides complete on-line, real-time ED registration, outpatient registration; and inpatient admitting, discharge, and transfer (ADT). The Master Patient Index (MPI) is a component of Insight Patient Registration and is accessible by all the applications in the Insight application suite.
- Patient Accounting provides a sophisticated, comprehensive accounting and collections system that is uniquely engineered to maintain accurate control of all financial data while allowing the flexibility to streamline user tasks. Billing information is integrated within collection processes for timely and accurate account management.
- The Collections and Payments module provides a host of tightly integrated collections and payments management capabilities, including patient interim billings, an on-line tickler file system for collectors, user-defined actions and collection steps, an online audit trail, capture and sorting of collector activities for reporting productivity and other valuable support functions.
- The Informatics application features a full array of leading edge business intelligence executive dashboards, dynamic work lists and reports that enable key decision makers at hospitals and other healthcare organizations to easily and effectively analyze and act upon crucial patient service and financial data. Insight Informatics allows users to seamlessly collect and view key statistical and trending data to make the business decisions necessary to ensure continued success.
- As needed, Microsoft Dynamics® GP suite can be bundled to provide financial management, human resources, and payroll solutions. It is a fully integrated business management solution that can significantly improve the financial and business processes of healthcare organizations.