September 12, 2013
Somerset, NJ — September 12, 2013 — Wellsoft Corporation announced today that Wellsoft’s Emergency Department Information System (EDIS) v.11 is compliant with the ONC 2014 Edition criteria and was certified as an EHR Module on August 21, 2013 by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ACB, in accordance with the applicable hospital certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The ONC 2014 Edition criteria support both Stage 1 and 2 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers and hospitals for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The ONC HIT Certification Program certifies that Complete EHRs meet all of the 2014 Edition criteria and EHR Modules meet one or more – but not all – of the criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) for either eligible provider or hospital technology.
“CCHIT congratulates companies successfully achieving EHR technology certification,” said Alisa Ray, executive director, CCHIT. “These companies are now able to make their products available to providers wishing to adopt health IT to demonstrate meaningful use and earn federal incentives.”
Wellsoft EDIS certification number is CC-2014-527400-1. ONC HIT certification conferred by CCHIT does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Wellsoft EDIS v11 meets the following certification criteria:
• 170.314(c)(1) Clinical Quality Measures Capture and Export
• 170.314(c)(2) Clinical Quality Measures Incorporate and Calculate
• 170.314(c)(3) Clinical Quality Measures Electronic Submission
• 170.314(f)(1) Immunization Information
• 170.314(f)(2) Transmission to Immunization Registries
• 170.314(f)(3) Transmission to Public Health Agencies – Syndromic Surveillance
• 170.314(g)(4) Quality Management System
The clinical quality measures to which Wellsoft EDIS has been certified include:
• CMS 30v2 – AMI-10 Statin prescribed at Discharge
• CMS 32v2 – ED-3 Median time from ED arrival to ED departure for discharged ED patients
• CMS 55v1 – ED-1 ED Throughput – Median time from ED arrival to ED departure for admitted patients
• CMS 71v2 – Stroke-3 Ischemic Stroke – Anticoagulation Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
• CMS 72v1 – Stroke-5 Ischemic Stroke Anti-thrombotic Therapy by end of day two
• CMS 73v1 – VTE-3 VTE Patients with Anticoagulation Overlap Therapy
• CMS 91v2 – Stroke -4 Ischemic stroke – Thrombolytic Therapy
• CMS 102v1 – Stroke-10 Ischemic stroke or hemorrhagic stroke – assessed for rehabilitation
• CMS 104v1 – Stroke -2 Ischemic stroke – Discharged on anti-thrombotic therapy
• CMS 105v1 – Stroke-6 Ischemic Stroke Discharged on Statin Medication
• CMS 107v1 – Stroke-8 Ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke – Stroke education
• CMS 109v1 – VTE-4 VTE Patients receiving unfractionated heparin (UFH)
• CMS 110v1 – VTE-5 VTE discharge instructions
• CMS 111v1 – ED-2 ED Throughput – admitted patients – Admit decision time to ED departure time
• CMS 114v1 – VTE-6 Incidence of potentially preventable VTE
• CMS 171v2 – SCIP-INF-1 Prophylactic Antibiotic Received within 1 hour prior to surgical incision
• CMS 108v1 – Venus Thromboembolism (VTE)-1 VTE prophylaxis
• CMS190v1 – VTE-2 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) VTE prophylaxis
Price Transparency: Wellsoft® Corporation provides to hospital’s Emergency Departments a perpetual, nontransferable license for its software system, providing an extremely broad range of features. The license is a one-time fee that includes software and interfaces. Implementation and training fees as well as recurring software support/maintenance fees apply. Select subscription fees are charged annually for 3rd party component options, when required.
Wellsoft Corporation, developer and provider of the industry-leading EDIS since 1988 is consistently ranked first by users in surveys; MD Buyline and Best in KLAS for EDIS. Wellsoft EDIS is certified for Meaningful Use. With installations in the U.S. and Canada, Wellsoft is recognized for providing the most complete functionality and most configurable product in the marketplace. Wellsoft works closely with each client to develop real solutions for their Emergency Department. Providing custom solutions for enterprise-wide or single hospital implementations, Wellsoft is the specialist in Emergency Department systems. For more information please visit www.wellsoft.com.
The Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®) is an independent, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the public mission of accelerating the adoption of robust, interoperable health information technology. The Commission has been certifying electronic health record technology since 2006 and is authorized by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as a certification body (ONC-ACB). CCHIT is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a certification body for the ONC HIT Certification Program for electronic health record (EHR) technology and accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as an Accredited Testing Laboratory (ATL) to test EHRS. More information on CCHIT and its programs is available at http://cchit.org.
About the ONC HIT Certification Program
The ONC HIT Certification Program, provided by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®) as an Office of the National Coordinator – Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB), evaluates EHR technology that has been tested against criteria and standards adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). This certification qualifies EHRs as capable of supporting achievement of meaningful use for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs authorized by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). ONC HIT certification conferred by the Certification Commission does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
“CCHIT®” and “CCHIT Certified®” are registered trademarks of the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology